Monday, August 3, 2009

Well, I took your money to the bank today and they accepted it so I think I'll be able to pay for the banquet although I think it goes on Ben Blea's tab and he gets stuck if I don't give him enough! I have deposits for 50 of you and 6 more who say they're coming to the banquet but I'll have to wring the money out of them Friday night. I'm sure some of you ringmen will help me if necessary. In addition to the 56 there are others who can't come Friday but will be attending Saturday's events. So far the blog has had about 1200 hits so lot's of people are reading it. Don't forget one of the awards Friday night will be for the best bio/article so read them carefully and come prepared to vote for your favorite.

I don't have any more material from you guys but I know almost every gymnast likes artistic photos so I'll post a couple of my favorites. I think the coolest one on the blog is of Tom Jenkins doing a maltese on the rings - he must have spent the bucks for some professional to do it! Some I chose primarily for artistic merit (according to me) and others because of the execution shown - like Dave Wardell's perfect iron cross.

In my experience the worst place to take photos was in CU's practice gym (if it could be called that) and the best place was Moby Gym at CSU because it was so huge you got these dramatic black backgrounds. If you have an artsy photo send it in and some of you have been promising me material for several months now so get going - TIME IS SHORT.

And in case you didn't notice these are all of CU guys because the guys from DU, CSU and CSC refuse to provide glam shots for me to post!





1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I just found this site. Sorry I missed the reunion and hope there will be another. I competed at Durango High School and Fort Lewis College in the 60's. I emailed some of our gymnastics photos to Pat and hope they will get posted for all to enjoy. Some of our team were Denver/Csprings gymnasts prior to attending Fort Lewis College.

    I reside in Durango with my wife Donna. I am employed with La Plata County as the county noxious weed manager.

    I enjoy hiking and peak climbing and have a bunch of handstand pics on top of a lot of the peaks I have climbed over the years.

    Rod Cook
    rdcook@mydurango.net

    ReplyDelete