Sunday, August 9, 2009

These comments explaining his score for the reunion came in from Sam Sargent today. While I don't always agree with his scores I can't argue about his creativity.
Pat (I'll be in the mountains and off the net until Thursday the 13th when we'll post other reunion "scores." And Bob Mullins claimed the missing camera - you'd think a ringman would have a stronger grip than that.)

Dear Fans,
I took a deduction for the error , missed combination requirement, two or more attempts to a hold position, he also required an extra swing to complete the combination, plus form errors. Pat has been flawless to this point in the Reunion routine so I decided to get my 1968 FIG code off the shelf and looked up article 65 which first documented mitigation as a judging technique, never being one to use this rule, as you all know I never used a rule I didn’t like, I decided to make an exception in this case. The gymnast will be given the opportunity to restart the routine with no deduction, an unsportsman-like deduction will be assessed to the visiting team for forgetting the camera in the first place. Pat ….please continue
Sam Sargent

I also took a 0.5 deduction for the fall and gave him 30 seconds to remount
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment