Saturday, August 8, 2009

Some of you are like me and wake up early whether you want to or not and may even be hoping some pics have been already posted on the blog this early Saturday morning. I don't think I have the right combination of soft and hardware to get photos posted at my in-laws but I'll work on it later this morning. If you don't check e-mail a Nikon Coolpix camera was left at the reunion so contact me if it's your's.
Only two of the guys registered didn't make it last night so the turnout was almost 100%! Thanks for all your expressions of appreciation but just being with all of you is more than thanks enough. You also need to know someone gave me a very generous donation that underwrote almost if not all of the extra expenses I incurred organizing the reunion.
For those who couldn't attend last night the award categories and winners were:

Traveled the farthest distance: Cliff Gauthier from West Virginia
Biggest Waistline: Tom Proulx (over 47") Nobody even tried to compete with him!
Best Blog submission: Ben Blea (Jaouen, Fulcher, Pomeranz and Proulx were also finalists)
Best Handstand: Gary Pomeranz - he actually did a straight arm, straight leg press and held it with good form. This was judges by the coaches. Nicoletti and Schroeder were in contention along with several others.
Best Golden Oldies Blog Creator: Pat Edwards - a unilateral award given by Jack Ryan.
The awards were extra-large t-shirts emblazoned with the words: "I was once a gymnast."

Some random observations:
Dennis Berg actually wears wingtips rather than "beetle boots."
Vince Nicoletti really can do all that stuff in his youtube video.
Ed Klanecky is as big as ever (and as nice).
I have the impression you still don't want to mess with those guys from North.
The guys from DU kept trying to convince me they are just working-class guys who are extra smart and attended school on scholarships.
People like Sam Sargent, Bob Popp, Ed Klanecky and Larry Hoffschneider don't seem to age like the rest of us.
Some of the guys brought "trophy wives" but they shall remain nameless.

I'm looking forward to posting your observations and photos in the next few weeks so don't let me down.
Pat

1 comment:

  1. Although Gauthier seems like he may be a banjo player from West Virginia, I think Williamsberg is in Virginia. It's hidden between the modern Navy HQ and the Confederate capital, a few miles from Jamestown.
    Jaouen

    ReplyDelete