Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Steve SchroederI still have, in my back yard, the 8x16 Gym Master folding trampoline I bought from Jim Hartman in 1968. We have put dozens of beds on it over the years. I can still swing backs and fulls, although the doubles, triples and half in rudy out flifus are things of the past. I was the Arapahoe High School’s Men’s gymnastics coach in the late 80’s & early 90’s; my boys were on the team.

My wife Janie (32 years of marriage now) is a gift from God. We raised my 3 boys Troy 39, Todd 36, Travis 34 and our daughter Tiffany 29.

We are blessed with 3 grandchildren Jackson 2 ½, Landon 9 mo and Eva 3 mo. I can’t wait to get them up on the trampoline.

I have been in the Real Estate and Mortgage business since I graduated from DU where I received a Real Estate degree. I am still in the business full time, but today I am also a graduate student at Denver Seminary. I am very active in my Church and someday hope to retire into full time ministry.

For the last 18 years on Saturday mornings (9:00 am - 12:00 noon) I have been in the South Suburban Goodson gym teaching gymnastics to little boys ages 5 – 12, it gets harder every year to walk on my hands across the gym.

Only one thing keeps me from going with Vince Nicoletti to fly on the trapeze, and that is FEAR. I just know my mind will write a check that my body can’t cash!

I sent over a picture of Jim Hartman, I owe him everything. He made sure that I went to college in 1968 to UNLV on a full gymnastics scholarship. Then in 1969 he and Doug Dewitt helped me transfer to DU on a half gymnastics and half diving scholarship. DU was killing their gymnastics in 1970 so I received the last scholarship they gave for gymnastics, which I received until graduation in 1973.

Thank you Jimmy & Doug, you made a difference in my life.

Steve Schroeder

303-809-7789 cell




No comments:

Post a Comment