Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Now aren't any of you beginning to feel bad knowing that I have to pore over my scrapbook again and again, day after day, week in and week out to try and gather interesting features you will all enjoy that don't have my own name underlined in red ink by my mom or girlfriend? If you feel the slightest bit of guilt at putting such a workload on me you WILL contribute your long, overdue bio, pics, memories, anecdotes or newspaper clippings to the blog.

The following - which will be the first of several reports on high school and college meets from our era - is a special favorite of mine because of the sweet justice. As a lowly sophomore I remember mighty Aurora Central coming into our gym for a dual meet led by Jim Barber, Jack Ryan and the other giants of yore. I remember they had purchased a copy of the Boulder Daily Camera and Jack read the sports article about Fairview's meet with Aurora Central to his team as they sat on the bleachers before warming up. They got quite a kick out of it and then went on to demolish us by 20 points which was the closest Fairview had ever come to AC. (Since I control the blog I have perfect freedom to slander Ryan all I want. If I have time I may include the article he read although it will be missing his voice inflection.) Maybe you'll understand my delight at the newspaper article. Naturally I hope Fairview always behaved with appropriate humility when we were on top! And if we didn't I don't want to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment