Tuesday, July 28, 2009

REMEMBER - TO ENLARGE ANY PHOTO OR ARTICLE JUST CLICK ON IT.

I need fresh meat for the blog so send me some more stuff to post.

Until you do I'll ramble on again. I started wearing glasses in fourth grade and had a correction change every nine months until I finally got contacts in 10th grade. By then my glasses resembled the fabled coke-bottle bottoms. And they were usually broken and taped either at the bridge or at the hinges. My mother bought clothes to last the full school year so our jeans always had a four inch cuff the first half of the year. My dad cut my hair until I was in late high school - I hope you're getting the picture of how cool I looked through all my early teen years!

Now all of us have pictures we hate because we can't imagine we really look like that; we simply couldn't look that awful and I have plenty of those. One of them is below but if we're fortunate we also have a few photos that make us look pretty good - in fact much better than we do in real life. I'm also going to post one of those. In fact it's one of my all-time favorites. But I have to be honest. When I first saw it I didn't think it looked like me at all. I knew I was nowhere that good looking; the thick, dark wavy hair, that chiseled jaw, those determined eyes, the sculpted muscles - Why I LOOKED just like Superman. No wonder my girlfriend lusted after me! Of course the reality is that I looked somewhere in between the two photos shown below. I hope you can tell which is which. And the one immediately below the two was taken yesterday after a hard day of updating the blog showing how I look today.

























More scrapbook clippings of an old team mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment